Looking for a healthy Chipotle bowl that’s so good you’ll have to order it every time? Gotcha covered.
But first, I think we can all agree on one thing … Chipotle is the f*cken best. When you’re trying to maintain a somewhat clean-eating lifestyle, eating out is tough. And yet it’s even tougher NOT to eat out at all.
But Chipotle makes the decision easy for you. Their pigs roam free and they grow their veggies in healthy soil. Food is fresh and prepped in each location—not offsite, then shipped in.
I know when I’m trying to keep a strict Whole30 diet, I really look forward to treating myself to Chipotle.
[Side note: I understand that Whole30 is a 30-day program, which I may do one or twice a year, but I apply its concepts in everyday life. I have many days within a month where I still follow what would be considered Whole30-approved meals. Because it makes me feel good.]
Need a Healthy Chipotle Bowl?
So anyways … Chipotle recently released a Lifestyle menu that’s awesome. They had nutritionists and athletes team up to create meal options that follow whatever kind of diet you want to eat.
You can choose from:
- Vegan Chipotle Bowls
- Vegetarian Chipotle Bowls
- Gluten-Free Chipotle Bowls
- Soy-Free Chipotle Bowls
- Sulphite-Free Chipotle Bowls
- Dairy-Free Chipotle Bowls
- Whole30-Approved Chipotle Bowls
- Keto-Approved Chipotle Bowls
- Paleo-Approved Chipotle Bowls
For my Whole30 friends, the Chipotle chicken and carnitas are considered Whole30-approved. The fajita veggies are now approved too. In the past, the fajita veggies and the chicken were not approved because of the type of oil they were cooked in. Thankfully, that’s changed.
The three salsas are all Whole30-approved, but the corn mix is NOT. Sadly, neither is the honey vinaigrette—which is a bummer because it’s my jam!
[Hey real quick—if you’re looking for snacks that are perfect for your Whole30 journey, check out this blog post!]
My Favorite Healthy Chipotle Bowls
Currently, Chipotle is offering these featured bowls:
Cody Rigsby Salad (Cycling Instructor)
- Supergreens, Double Chicken, Green Salsa, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Fajita Veggies, Guacamole, and Light Brown Rice
Chris Brickley Bowl (Pro Basketball Trainer)
- Brown Rice, Double Chicken, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Cheese, Guacamole, and Lettuce
Dr. Mark Hyman Salad (Nutrition Expert)
- Supergreens, Chicken, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Fajita Veggies, Green Salsa, Fresh Tomato Salsa, and Guacamole
Tia-Clair Toomey Bowl (Fitness Athlete)
- Chicken, White Rice, Black Beans, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Cheese, Guacamole, and Shredded Romaine Lettuce
Mat Fraser Bowl (Fitness Athlete)
- Double Chicken, White Rice, Black Beans, Tomatillo Red-Chili Salsa, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Sour Cream, Extra Cheese, and Guacamole
Ashley Cline (Girl Who Loves to Eat)
- Shredded Lettuce, Chicken, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, and Fajita Veggies on the side. Because I do not like red onions and wish it was not in the salsa, I typically bring my Chipotle home and use one of my Primal Kitchen salad dressings.
Make Your Own Healthy Chipotle Bowl
Obviously, all the bowls I listed above are incredible—but I personally think my healthy Chipotle bowl is the best. (No bias there, of course.)
Also, here’s a Chipotle-eater’s pro tip: Use their nutrition calculator to get an idea of what exactly you’re putting in your body. This thing will seriously help you make healthier choices when standing in line.
OK, your turn … What are some healthy options you love to get at Chipotle? Share in the comments below and let me know.